An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager to work with a multi-disciplinary group of individuals, providing broad-ranging skills in the planning, design and production of interpretive and interactive exhibitions for museums, science centres, visitor attractions and historic sites. Working on prestigious projects across the globe you will work closely with design teams from pre-construction to practical completion.
Combining academic integrity, learning opportunities and entertainment, we produce unforgettable visitor experiences. The Project Manager will take on a bridging role between the design and delivery of the project. With a design background and knowledge of contractual / building legislation this role will appeal to someone who thrives on the challenge of delivering projects (small and large) to budget, time and specification.
Possessing a strong work ethic, you will have a proven track record of the management of projects of various budget levels and duration. This experience may come from the development and fit-out of museums, leisure, retail or other visitor attraction related projects.
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience (min 10 years) in the design and construction industry with the ability to concurrently manage large scale and duration projects, at home and overseas, and participate in new business activities
- Be proficient in the management of both individuals and teams
- You will be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Project with a solid understanding of PM methodologies
- Be familiar with design processes
- Have a good understanding of product / procurement
- Awareness of H & S / CDM / Building Regulations / Statutory approvals
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Be skilled in all aspects of project and contract management
- Able to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- It is expected that occasional out of hours work will be required, in addition to working away from the office
- It is a pre-requisite that you will be able to drive and travel as necessary
In return, the company offers a competitive salary depending on experience, an opportunity to travel and manage a variety of projects in size, value and complexity and the prospect of advancing personal career aspirations.
The role will be based in either Toronto, Washington DC or Leicester; therefore, you must be willing to commute or relocate to one of these locations. To find out more about our current job roles and/or to apply please send your CV to email@example.com