Leading heritage design consultancy, Haley Sharpe Design Ltd. (hsd) is seeking to engage a dynamic and forward-thinking Heritage Consultant to work with our museums and heritage sector clients. This new role provides the right candidate with the opportunity to expand the company’s consultancy offer, working with public and private sector clients both in the UK and internationally.
As a Heritage Consultant, you will develop business plans and economic impact appraisals for master planning projects, prepare feasibility studies and operational/staffing and governance strategies for cultural sector providers, and identify new opportunities for further market growth and service development.
This is a client-facing role and the ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as collaborating closely with other teams including business, interpretative planning, design and visitor experience, and project managers for project development and delivery.
From first-hand sector experience, gained either in the UK or overseas, you will bring understanding and experience of some or all of these activities:
- Presentation of sector-specific research and the ability to make insightful, strategic development recommendations for heritage sector clients
- An appreciation of funding streams and grant bodies for heritage projects (in the UK/Europe and potentially other regions), with experience of writing / contributing to funding bid applications.
- Approaches to structuring and delivering project consultation with a range of stakeholders and communities.
- Participating in new business activities by contributing to bids and attending interviews.
hsd offers the opportunity to engage with diverse and sector-leading clients, a varied workload and a stimulating studio environment.
Skills and Experience Required
To apply for the position, you will need to successfully demonstrate:
- Great interpersonal skills – with internal and client teams
- An appropriate level of qualifications in a relevant subject or discipline
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a cultural or heritage sector business or institution
- A willingness to travel throughout the UK, Ireland and potentially internationally.
- A good level of IT versatility and literacy
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Based in Leicester, UK
Salary – Negotiable depending on experience.
To apply: Please supply a tailored CV and covering letter (2 pages max), clearly stating your suitability and interest in the role to email@example.com