We are looking for an experienced Senior Graphic Designer to join our Leicester team. We are seeking a hands-on creative leader with an eye for creative flair and the ability to lead and deliver projects to a world class standard. As a senior member of the team you will be working alongside other departments, and providing key decision making on behalf of visual communication. Similarly, you will be collaborating with client teams representing visual communication externally.
Our projects are an eclectic blend of spatial, visual and digital media, of which Graphic Design is a major component. You will be responsible for leading and ‘owning’ projects, as well as providing holistic thinking to the visual communication department. You will also show a willingness to represent hsd in an influential capacity and provide leadership at all levels.
Role and responsibilities:
- Lead projects and deliver graphic packages from concept through to completion
- Lead new business proposals
- Represent hsd / visual communication on new business presentations
- Monitor and respond to project resources, ensuring project deadlines and budget are met
- Develop design solutions / schemes / concepts in line with project demands, requirements and budget
- Mentor and develop others
- Manage projects and tasks through leading organisational and communication skills
Qualifications and skills:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the cultural and heritage sectors
- At least a HNC/HND/NVQ 4 or degree level qualification in design or show ability and experience of a similar role is required
- Experience working with wider design teams including Architects, Landscape Architects, Lighting Designers, Media Companies, Fabricators, etc.
- Ability to understand deliverables through all phases of a project and maintain visual communication standards throughout
- Ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously in a fast track and dynamic environment, so being a team player is essential
- Experience and understanding in fabrication and production of fit out
- Experience in working with BIM / technical teams to ensure a design vision is met through the construction phase of a project
- Attention to detail and a strong working knowledge of the artwork process
- Possess world standard creative and innovative skills
- Demonstrate knowledge and passion about your projects, our industry and hsd
This is a full-time position, based in our Leicester office, with international travel required. Salary will be based on experience.
Please send your application package by January 24th, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org stating Senior Graphic Designer in the subject line. Include in your application: CV, cover letter, 5 projects in PDF format (5 pages per project maximum), and 2 references.