We are an internationally renowned design consultancy specialising in the planning, design and production of interpretive and interactive exhibitions for museums, science centres, visitor attractions and historic sites.
We are looking for a Technical Designer, would suit a middleweight, to be part of our team. The role forms part of the Spatial Communications team and requires an individual to support the design process and major projects within the studio.
- You would be responsible for the creation of detailed technical CAD drawings suitable for production.
- 5 years Vectorworks experience is essential for this role with extensive use of the technical and BIM content of the program on large scale projects.
- A knowledge of processes and manufacturing methods in a variety of materials is also essential to this role.
You will also be asked to work with and advise those less experienced with the software during the development of major projects. A working knowledge of AutoCAD and REVIT would be an advantage. Your knowledge may come from your experience of retail and exhibitions where you are designing structures of great diversity.
- Strong technical design skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Act as a problem solver
- Able to work under pressure when necessary
- Able to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines
- A strong work ethic and willingness to help and learn
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Produce high-quality work
This is a full-time or freelance position dependent on the individual.
If this sounds like the job opportunity you have been waiting for and can demonstrate your experience and achievements in this type of role, we look forward to hearing from you.
The role will be based in Leicester; therefore, you must be willing to commute or relocate to Leicester.
To find out more about our current job roles and/or to apply please send your CV to email@example.com